Our English for University course is designed specifically to prepare students with the English skills they need to study successfully at LCIBS. If your offer of acceptance onto one of our undergraduate programmes is conditional upon your completion of an English for University course, then our intensive language training course is perfect for you.
Our English for University course is rigorous, equipping you with the English proficiency necessary to meet LCIBS requirements. Class attendance is mandatory, and you will only be able to progress onto your chosen undergraduate programme if you successfully complete the full English for University course.
On successful completion of our English for University course you will have developed your:
- Ability to write in an appropriate academic style
- Research and referencing skills
- Lecture listening and note-taking skills
- Speaking and academic presentation skills
- Reading efficiency
- Academic vocabulary
- Ability to work independently and in groups
- Confidence in your own ability to study in English
- Strategies to deal with the demands of a degree course in English.