The Governing Body at LCIBS plays an important role in the success, direction and oversight of the College. Our Governors are an essential part of the LCIBS family and are dedicated to the learning of our students, development of our staff and growth of the College as a whole.
The College is led by the Provost who reports to the Governing Body. The central management, guidance and coordination of the College’s activities, in conjunction with LCIBS’s Governing Body is provided by the Senior Steering Group, Academic Board and their sub committees.
LCIBS works with a range of local, regional and national businesses and providers to ensure we offer the best possible service and experience to our students.
As a college we place significant value in our partnerships with validating and accrediting bodies, all of whom have been carefully selected based on their academic excellence.
LCIBS works alongside a highly respected university that has the strength to make sure students graduate with a degree that is of value and relevant to both students and employers, now and in the future.
Our University Partner has degree-awarding powers that is recognised by the UK authorities, together, we are committed to recruiting qualified students and providing them with the skills to advance professionally and make a positive difference in the world.
Regulations and Policies
- Academic Appeals Process
- Academic Freedom Policy
- Academic Misconduct Policy
- Access and Widening Participation Statement
- Admissions Appeal Form
- Admissions Policy
- Admissions and Enrolment Process
- Anti Bullying and Harassment Policy
- Application Form 2019
- Approval of Public Information
- Assessment and Progression Policy
- Attendance Process
- Attendance Policy
- Complaints Procedure
- Cookies Policy
- Equality and Diversity Policy
- Examinations Policy
- Fire Emergency Plan
- Freedom of Speech and Expression Policy
- Governance Manual
- Governance Structure and Terms of Reference
- Health and Safety Policy
- Interruption Withdrawal Policy
- IT Use Policy
- Marking and Moderation / Standardisation of Assessments Policy
- Mitigating Circumstance Policy
- Non-Academic Misconduct Policy
- Prevent Policy
- Refund and Compensation Policy
- Regulations for Validated Awards
- Risk Management Policy
- RPL Policy
- Safeguarding of Children and Adults Policy
- Student Disciplinary Policy
- Student Disciplinary Procedures
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment Working Strategy
- Whistleblowing Policy
LCIBS’ review by the Botswana Qualifications Authority (BQA)
The BQA reports on how well each institution meets their responsibilities for assuring quality and standards, using processes of peer review.
The BQA review involves an in-depth evaluation of the institution’s educational provision and results in a published report that makes judgments and recommendations about academic standards and quality, as well as highlighting good practice.